I challenge any and all who might read this to go out of their way to keep their word, to keep a promise to whomever they have made said promise to. I truly believe that you will see a noticeable change in how people interact with you and how you interact with others. We will definitely put a lot more thought into what we are promising to those around us!
Sep 24, 2009
Promises, promises!!!
nbsp; Keeping promises...it seems like a simple concept does it not? But why is it so hard for some people to do. At work something I have told my servers is that if they tell a guest that they will be back with a napkin or with refills, then they need to be back with a napkin or refills. Keep your promise to the guest and they will take note! Some of them have taken it to heart and some not so much. But this need not only apply to the realm of casual dining but to everyday life as well! If you make a promise to someone then you need to follow through with that promise. I would rather someone tell me that there is no way that they can do it than make a promise that they can't possibly keep. I can respect that much more than someone who makes themselves a liar!. Now I know that there are always going to be times in life when something unavoidable happens that keeps us from keeping a promise, it's just the nature of things. But wouldn't it be nice if EVERYONE made a concerted effort to keep their word! Currently the only entity I know of that has kept His word every time He has given it is God almighty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment