Sep 18, 2009

Facebook...bringing families together!

As I prepare for another day at work I had the opportunity to chat with my sister on facebook. We talked about about life in general and caught up to some degree on each others life. With my job I don't get back home as often as I would like because home is pushing about 8 to 9 hours away. The sad truth is that if we weren't on facebook I would probably not chat or talk that much with a majority of my family and friends back home on a regular basis. I know that in this day and age a lot of people like to demonize the social networking sites out there for being some sort of predators paradise on the innocent of this world, but i would have to vehemently disagree. I believe that responsibly run social networking sites can actually bring families together! I know that it does that for me and my wife, we are both about 9 hours from our families. With out facebook we would feel fairly isolated from all of our family! The ability to daily chat and view pictures of loved ones; and sometimes not so loved ones:); makes life bearable and allows us to stay informed and somewhat involved with our family. Until God leads us to move closer to family...i say God bless facebook and the other social networking sites for keeping us together on some 21st century level.  

No comments:

Post a Comment