Mar 2, 2011

Do you know His voice?

As I was having some quiet time with God this morning, I was reading John chapter 10 where Jesus is describing himself as the good shepherd. He knows his sheep, and they know him just by the sound of his voice. They follow after him alone, they know his voice and trust it with out hesitation. The sheep have a love, a respect and a dedication to him. What an amazing show of trust and love on the part of the sheep, and what an amazing commentary on the character of Christ, that he inspires this level of dedication from those he impacts and touches.
  This got me to thinking, where else in life can you see this level of dedication, this type of response from one person to another. I only needed to look at my son. As soon as I walk in the door and say "I'm home" my son is running to me screaming "Daddy!". Everything I do I have a little shadow following me around, trying to emulate everything that I do! He loves me and wants to be just like me. What an awesome, inspiring and truly humbling situation. That someone would want to be just like me, use me as there example to live by!? It is in this instance that I understand why we must come to Christ as a child, and have child like faith. Only through the eyes of a child can we see the awesome power of God in His son, only through the eyes of a child can we desire to be like Christ and want to emulate his every move and think as he thinks. To often as we grow up and older we become hard hearted and bitter by our experiences in life and are not able to see the wonder that is in our world. It's at these times that I look at my 4yr old son  and see how he views everything around him with wonder and amazement. Lord, I pray that I can see my world like this every day.
   My son knows my voice and runs to my arms when he hears me. He runs to me when he seeks guidance in his life, he has faith in me. Who do you have faith in? Who do you seek guidance from for your life? Do you know the master's voice and run to Him when He calls? If not, stop and listen, He's calling your name right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment