Nov 30, 2009

The joy of the tree...

Yesterday we went to get our family Christmas tree...a trip that my son was quite excited about! My son is 2 about to turn 3, and very excited about Christmas and Santa in general. We started our adventure at a local tree lot to peruse the merchandise if you will. The size tree we were wanting to get started off at $60! There was actually a tree there that was $225...it was a big tree but I'm not quite sure why anyone in there right mind would pay that much for a disposable item. But I digress, my son was running all over this lot "looking" at the trees when my wife and I decided to go to the Food Lion and get a tree at a much more affordable price of $29.95. As we were leaving the tree lot with out a tree he got very sad. He looked at my wife and I and said "we not get a tree?" so I assured him that we would would not go home with out a tree. So we get to Food Lion and we pick out a pretty nice tree for christmas. We get it home and into the house and my son is so excited, we finally get him to sleep and my wife and I decorate the tree. When he wakes up to the decorated tree he is in awe...the next words out of his mouth made it all worth it. "It's perfect! Santa will love it!", at that point my wife and I knew just how blessed we are!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch

No comments:

Post a Comment